Quebec Health Minister Gaétan Barrette confirmed that four more people have died in nine COVID-19 cases.
The first deaths were confirmed in April, and included a 13-year-old boy and a 47-year-old woman who were each found unresponsive and unresponsive while out jogging.
Last week, Barrette reported that seven more deaths occurred in COVID-19 cases in March and April.
Barrette told reporters that 49 people had died so far in COVID-19 cases, and seven had died in other COVID-17 cases.
He added, “To be clear: There are no drops in deaths in COVID-18 cases. It is the same for COVID-19 cases.”
The latest deaths came from different areas of the province, though their ages and those in COVID-18 and COVID-17 have been confirmed to be between 25 and 50.
On Thursday, Barrette told reporters that as more cases are reported, the department is trying to “explore every possibility” that can be offered to tackle the problem.
In a news release issued Friday, the Quebec government said the death rate increased to 815 people in COVID-19 cases. The government says the Quebec Public Health Agency is investigating seven new COVID-19 cases, and that 24 new COVID-18 cases were reported in March and April.
Barrette also announced that a hydrocephalus hospital has opened in Godbout in the province’s Eastern Townships. The hospital is staffed with pediatric specialists and pediatric emergency ward specialists who specialize in hydrocephalus treatment.